Excerpts from the diary: 6 March 2009 (edited for language)
The city of Barcelona is amazing. One day it is so gloomy and cold and uninviting, the next day its clear blue sky with lots of sunshine just warms you up. What a morning to fall in love. After class at 1030am, with soft rock and alternative music in my ears and the wall street journal in my hand, I started a walk home. Looking up occasionally from the WSJ while walking, I see the clear blue sky with the inviting winter sun over the now familiar architecture. Pausing at traffic lights, and looking up, I see the inviting blue sky. Smiling at a kid on his dad's embrace whom will never remember this stranger, or the trail of white smoke from the planes up in the clear blue sky, or looking at the faces of the people and scores of tourists with smiles and happiness, one cant help but smile together under this bright blue ceiling. As the sagrada familia came into view, one just had to sit in the park facing the new facade. Still with the slow music in my ears and reading the WSJ with pigeons trampling along in front and coupless in love around, one just sits to pen this thoughts. As I left the park, one turned around and whispered "Thank you", while looking at the Sagrada.
What a morning in Barcelona.
What a morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment